Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Nighttime Noises

Some time ago I wrote about being freaked out in the middle of the night when one of Lindsey's toys' batteries started to wind down, causing the toy to make unprovoked noises in the middle of the night. It was creepy and enough to cause my heart to jump into my throat before becoming entirely awake and gaining all of my faculties.

Last night I had a similarly creepy event.

I awoke in the middle of the night to hear Lindsey laughing. Clear as day, as if someone had just told her a joke.

It wasn't a sleepy, grunty laugh, one you would expect from someone still sleeping. It was the clear, crisp sound of her normal laugh.

Sure enough, she was dead out sleeping. She must've been having some good dreams, though, to laugh like that in her sleep.

Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment