Monday, December 21, 2009

Two Christmas Traditions

Our house is filled with all kinds of Christmas traditions -- many which involve food, but two that I feel impelled to highlight.

The first is not my family's Christmas tradition, it's a neighbors, but we benefit from it. Every year since we had kids after moving onto this block, we've received a plate of gingerbread cookies from a neighbor of ours. And not just any gingerbread cookies -- cookies in shapes of a man, a woman, and little tykes. Even babies! All have our own names iced onto them.


I've taken some pictures in some years, other years they get eaten too quickly to snap a photo. Because not only do they look awesome, they are also ALWAYS delicious! My girls LOVE getting these gingerbread cookies. Thanks to our neighbor Bridget who makes part of her holiday tradition baking all of these cookies up for her friends and family.


The other tradition...also involving food...well, let's just take a quick look at our reminder of what happened last year, shall we?


Yes, yes it is time once again for me to attempt my annual coffee cake. Or as it is now affectionately called in this house, ugly cake. Because it is more often ugly than not, but always delicious.

I shall report back in a few days on my progress on this project!

4 comments:

  1. Ha, I'm making that also. We'll see how it goes here too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made two this year. Don't mean to brag, but both popped right out of the pan as soon as I turned them over. Must be the pan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Lindsey's actually looking forward to it NOT turning out. More little crumbles for her to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, my filling broke out the top of the pan (bottom of the cake). And it was a little dry. I'm trying a 2nd one today. Can't wait to eat Mom's!

    ReplyDelete