Saturday, August 04, 2007

Lindsey's ambitions

Yesterday I was painting Lindseys' toenails and fingernails (by her request), and the two of us were sprawled across the kitchen floor in this endeavor. Marissa was off playing nicely with some of her toys, giving Lindsey and I a chance to talk.

Lindsey began the conversation by saying, "Mommy, you have big toes."

I said, "Yes, my toes are bigger than yours."

She said, "When I get bigger and bigger and bigger I'm going to be a mommy and I'm going to paint my little girl's toes."

I said, "You are??"

She said, "Yep, and some day I'm going to be a mommy and I'm going to have a baby in my tummy."

I said, "Aww, Lindsey, that's really sweet."

She said, "Yep, and I'm going to grow boobies! And then when I have a born baby I will feed the baby milk from my boobies."

I said, "Oh!" as I tried not to laugh. And then it was on to some other topic.

Then later on, she continued, "When Marissa gets bigger and bigger, she's going to have boobies, too."

I said, "Yes, she is."

She said, "But not Daddy. Daddys don't have boobies."

That's right, Daddys don't have boobies. Amen for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment