Monday, March 02, 2009

The Accidental Chiropractor

Every once in a while Marissa will finish out her night's sleep in our bed. Some time between 5 and 5:30 am we'll sense a presence and suddenly plop, there's a wiggly 3-year-old between us in the bed.

This morning she was settling in, trying to get snuggled down to go back to sleep. She stretched out and her feet pushed against my middle back. I felt a very satisfying "pop" of a couple of vertebrae that my chiropractor had worked on the last couple of times I was there but couldn't get to move. Here in the middle of the night the 3-year-old applies the right amount of pressure and aahhh! relief. (I think it had more to do with the fact that I was completely relaxed and not expecting it, to be honest.)

She also managed to crack my neck about 5 seconds later, which also felt pretty good.

Perhaps she's got her career cut out for her already.

No comments:

Post a Comment