Monday, January 18, 2010

Another Marissa-ism

Tonight I made chicken enchiladas for dinner.  It's a meal only for Wayne and I actually, the girls usually won't touch it. So I put out a tray of raw carrots and red peppers with dill dip for the girls, along with a salad which Lindsey also chowed down on.

Marissa immediately came running to the table when she saw me set down the fresh veggies. Seriously, I don't know how we got our kids so turned on to fresh fruits and vegetables, but I'll take it as long as I can. Shortly after, I pulled the enchiladas out of the oven and set them on the table. Here they were, little tortillas of chicken and cheese, covered with a red enchilada sauce and bubbling cheddar cheese. For most people (or most Americans, I should say), the sight would bring on some tummy rumblings, salivation, or other such effects.

Marissa takes one look, waves her hand at it, turns her head away and says, "Ugh! Bisgusting." Wayne and I both had to laugh, despite our attempts to hide it.

No comments:

Post a Comment