Friday, July 17, 2009

A visit from an old friend

Previously I wrote about how my friend Anita and I re-connected via Facebook She is someone that I knew for one singular week of my life, yet she and I both made an incredible impression on each other and I was tickled pink when she sought me out on Facebook. We got a chance to meet up for lunch in Wisconsin as my family and I were on our way to Michigan, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
As fate would have it, she was in Minnesota this week visiting her sister who lives here, and she also was able to carve a little time out of her family vacation to come to our house with her three girls for an evening meal. We had a great time, and surprisingly (at least surprising to me) my girls warmed up to hers pretty well. Before you knew it we had a living room full of girls playing with various toys.

Anita is a very artistic person and a free soul, and while technically she's a stay-at-home-mom, she dabbles in all kinds of arts that she could probably make a living from if she chose to. She paints, she draws, she gardens, she watches people (both old and young) for others, and lately she's been doing henna. She hopes to go to India to mentor with a henna artist there and learn the art even better. But since she was at our house and brought her henna stuff with her (I love that she did that without asking if I might be interested), she offered to create some glitter "tattoos" for the girls and henna art for me.

So here's a few pics of the evening including the henna art, which I am totally loving. I'm actually loving it right now because the ink is infused with eucalyptus, and I'm loving the fragrance emenating from my hands right now.

We had a great visit and a wonderful dinner, and I'm so glad she took the time to come to our house! Thanks, Anita, for taking time out to come see us!

No comments:

Post a Comment