Thursday, May 05, 2011

Days of the Week Feet

We bought day-of-the-week socks for Marissa last weekend. As of this morning there were only two pairs left: Thursday and Friday.

"Mommy," she called from her bedroom, "What day is it?"

"Thursday," I call back.

"Does that start with an 'f'?" she asks.

"No, it starts with a 't,'" I say.

"But you said Furzday," she calls, coming in to my bedroom, holding her Friday socks in her hands and emphasizing the "f" in the word as only Marissa can.

"No, it's Thursday, th- th-. It starts with a 't,'" I say, trying not to laugh.

"Okay," she says, and dutifully comes back with the Thursday socks.

What a kid.

3 comments:

  1. Very funny! I hope you don't have the same sock monster we've got. I think we'd only have 1 week socks for the first week and then we'd never be able to match the days again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, it only took one trip through the laundry to prove that our sock monster exists and has a voracious appetite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma Bonnie9:01 AM

    Hopefully she has a sock for the right foot and one for the wrong foot -- or is she well past that understanding!

    ReplyDelete