Thursday, March 24, 2011

That groundhog has some 'splainin to do

I need to explain my Wordless Wednesday post of yesterday. I confess, I wrote it on Sunday night and scheduled it to post Wednesday morning.

I clearly hadn't paid much attention to the weather forecast for the week, or I wouldn't be talking about how happy I was to finally see our patio lights again.

So let me correct that post now, can I?

Dec 12, 2010, after 17" of snow

Dec 23, 2010 after another dumping

Jan 16, 2011 -- fare thee well, little light! We'll see you in spring.

March 18, 2011. Hello, little light! Is it spring yet?

March 23, 2011. Nope, not spring yet!
So there you have it. That groundhog sure doesn't know what he's talking about. Why is groundhog day in the middle of winter anyway? Wouldn't it make more sense to have it be closer to spring, when there's an actual possibility of him being right?

No comments:

Post a Comment