Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My New Toy

I've been thinking. Wishing. Researching. Calculating. Dreaming.

You know, all the things we do when considering a new toy, an expensive toy. And this past weekend, Wayne and I went out and made the purchase.



I am now the proud owner of a Digital Single Lens Reflex (DSLR) camera. I've already found some awesome features that I love but have a lot more learning to do.

I've tried to take some more artistic photos in the past year. Living around the lakes in Minneapolis and raising two little girls, I have lots of scenes and subject matter that don't need much help to make them beautiful. But I've been frustrated in wanting to take more artistic photos of my subject matter or wanting to focus in on one element of a scene, but my camera hasn't allowed me to.

So now I get to play some more and capture more of my girls' childhood in pictures.

Hopefully you won't find my pictures on this site.

http://youarenotaphotographer.com/

Not sure where I am on this graph - I hope nowhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment