Monday, May 31, 2010

A Shopping Excursion

The girls are in dire need of new summer clothes -- I went to unpack their summer clothes from last year only to realize that I had already purged much of it, knowing that this summer the pieces wouldn't fit. What I eventually found I bagged up half of them to take to Goodwill -- 3Ts and 4Ts are squarely behind us.

Since I had my 15% off coupon for The Children's Place, and they had their Memorial Day sale, off I went with the girls to purchase some new summer clothes for them which, as you can expect, existed entirely of skirts and dresses, only one pair of shorts.

Wayne was relieved to be excused from this shopping trip, and the girls discovered that The Children's Place had a fitting room -- gasp! Yes, we never knew they had a fitting room before, never really had a need to try things on. But now with Lindsey growing taller but never wider, and Marissa being somewhere in between her size and Lindsey's size, I felt the need to have them try things on before we purchased.

And my, what a time we had.

The three of us were packed into one little room, and the girls were tossing clothes on and off like the wicked stepsisters in the Cinderella story (only without the bossing around and meanness to others). They both decided on matching outfits -- I couldn't believe it. I would never choose to dress my girls alike, but they decided to dress themselves alike.

When we came home the girls put a fashion show on for their daddy. I told him about their excitement in trying everything on -- it sounded like a nightmare to him, it was lots of fun for me.

1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Those are happy girls in that dressing room. Cute outfits.

    ReplyDelete