Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Never-Ending Chore

"Mommy?" asked Lindsey one Monday night. "Can you do some laundry tonight? Because I don't have any shirts to wear. Or socks. And I only have one pair of underwear left. Tonight would be good. Thanks, Mommy."

Yep, it's true, we were down to bare bones when it came to clean clothes. So off I went with load #1 after the kids were in bed, load #2 went in as soon as load #1 was out. By 10:30 that night one load was already dry and folded, the other in the dryer. It went this way throughout the week, first doing whites, then colors, then dark colors, then another load of light colors, towels, sheets, and so forth. By Friday night I was all caught up, and felt pretty good that I could have a weekend laundry free.

Until I looked in the hamper.


The hamper was full almost to the top. Seriously...how does this happen? I swear the stuff bears fruit and multiplies while I'm downstairs cleaning the first generation of clothes. Arrrgh.

No comments:

Post a Comment