Thursday, March 11, 2010

Funny Weather

This morning I drove to work under gray skies and fog -- typical for this time of year, when the temps get warm enough to melt the snow, which dissipates into the air to become fog.

As I drove into St. Paul, I was interested by how dark and gray it was getting, but wasn't sure what to make of it. Was it just foggier? It wasn't raining yet -- I did not have to turn on my windshield wipers once. Well, whatever, I pulled into the parking ramp, parked my car and walked out.

I walked out into a complete downpour, with the sound of thunder rumbling in the background. Now that was a big surprise, especially considering that 1 minute earlier I had driven into the ramp with no rain whatsoever. So THAT'S what it means when the sky gets dark. A thunderstorm! Awesome! It's been six, seven months since we've had one, I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment