Sunday, February 15, 2009

Fun with Pronunciation

Today our family went to an educational toy store, where Lindsey and Marissa could pick out a gift with some money they'd gotten as valentine's gifts. Marissa was looking at one toy which has to do with color identification. She pointed to each of the colors and named them correctly: I imagine you can guess what the colors are by the following: "Wed, boo, lellow, orange, purple, geen!"

Her pronuniciation is not the clearest, so I decided to help her with the last word she'd said. I said, "Marissa, can you say grrrrreen with an 'r'?" I asked, emphasizing the "r" in green.

She says to me, "Geen wif a r."

And she didn't even know she was being a smart-ass.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:41 PM

    I still think you should be saving all these things for a book ala Erma Bombeck or those cutesy little books at Hallmark that people buy for Mother's Day or new Mom's etc. You could be making some money, I'm sure. This one is a prime example.

    ReplyDelete