Friday, January 02, 2009

Coffee Cake Envy

I spoke to my sister last night, she informed me that she attempted mom's coffee cake recipe. While the filling came out of the bottom a little, it's not nearly as tragic as when it comes out the top as mine did. Her coffee cake remained intact when she flipped it and was quite a sight to see in all it's beauty. So much so, in fact, that she had to take a picture of it to show me.

The woman can cook and bake, she just chooses not to.

Bitch.

And I mean that in the most loving way!

4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, ask the woman who can bake and cook but chooses not to about her reinvention of "flubber" here in Arkansas last year. Listen to the verbal tap dance you'll get then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, so I can make a fancy coffee cake, but can't fry a frickin' egg. Ya'll can just bite me!! (she says lovingly)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:02 PM

    I remember when you two sisters were about 8 and 10, I think -- maybe a year older. Your dad and I came home from church to find you had made a chocolate souffle --under Kristi's direction. I've never made a souffle in my life. Maybe she likes cooking things that have directions to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember the chocolate souffle, but I remember it as just me staying home from church, and the souffle flopped.

    Yep, Mom's on to me. I have to have directions. I still have to look up cooking hard-boiled eggs and corn. I don't remember how many minutes!!

    Oh yeah, ya'll can still bite me!

    ReplyDelete