Friday, January 09, 2009

Show and Tell

While I was dropping Lindsey off at the Mpls KIDS site, I overheard a teacher exclaim, "Oh! You have a dead bird!"

Yes, one of the kids had brought a dead pheasant in to school for her show-and-tell that would be going on later that day. As I was leaving the teachers were standing around, wondering what to do about it. Do you take it away and hold it for the child until the actual show-and-tell? Do you tell them not to take it out of the bag? I would assume that there is some concern about bacteria, depending on how long the bird had been dead.

Only teachers have to deal with a situation like dead birds in the workplace, I thought it was pretty funny.

1 comment:

  1. When I was in elementary school, a girl brought in a cow heart. I thought that was pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete