Wednesday, May 21, 2008

When if ever?

Tonight we were all out walking the girls around the block while they rode their bikes. As I walked along between the two girls, with each of them calling "Mommy" at different times, I wonder if there comes a time in your life as a mom that you tire of your children calling you "Mom." I suspect the answer is no, unless it's in the middle of the night and it's "Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?"

I remember when the girls were little babies and a word here and there was the extent of their vocabulary. First words for both was "Dax," followed shortly by "Daddy," then eventually "Mommy." When both of them started saying Mommy, it warmed my heart whenever I heard it.

Five years later, it still warms my heart. I'm pretty sure that when I'm 60 and my kids call or stop by and say, "Hi, Mom!" that it'll warm my heart then, too.

1 comment: