Monday, March 04, 2013

Aunt Kristi Visits

Right after the holidays I received a text from my sister that read something like this: "I miss those girls. When can I come up and visit again?"

Why, how quickly can you make it up here?!

So this past weekend was the scheduled visit, unfortunately a short one due to school, so Friday night in and Sunday afternoon out.

Before Kristi arrived the girls started making plans. What to do once she arrived? Hmmm...

Before long, a list had been made:


Kristi had things she wanted to make sure she fit in, like a run and a workout, and she and I had already made plans to go out dancing Saturday night.  But then we had to make sure we fit in things like playing hangman, making cupcakes, and all other kinds of activities.

We managed to fit it all in, and then some.

Lindsey shows Kristi her story she's been working on at school.

Outing to Lush, a new store that opened near our house.

A break at Caribou.
Breakfast items from dad that accompanied our pancakes. (Thanks, Dad!)

Lindsey makes dinner for us all.

Marissa reads her book report about Ruby Bridges to Kristi.
More cooking by the 9-year-old. I could get used to this!

Sunday morning comics.
While our night out at the dueling piano bar was fun, I would have to say the most fun we had was Saturday afternoon, walking around our neighborhood on an outing. First we stopped at Lush, a new cosmetics store that opened near us. I didn't even know it was there but Lindsey knew all about because a friend of hers received a bath bomb as a birthday present at a party recently. The place made shopping for - of all things - bath products just plain fun, and they gave us all hand treatments using their products. The girls got bath bombs from Aunt Kristi, and used some of their own money to buy some other items. 

Then we stopped at Caribou for a little break, followed by a walk to the nail salon where some of us opted for pedicures and others got manicures.

Being the FourSquare addict that I am, I checked in at every location. Saturday evening, when my friend Janey arrived at our house for our girls night out, she said, "I had so much fun watching what you guys were doing today! Looks like you had such a great time." I'm sure it looked like busy bees rushing around, but considering that we walked to all of them, it was just a relaxing, enjoyable time.

Before we knew it, it was Sunday afternoon and I was dropping Kristi back off at the airport. There was some sadness at our house, but happiness that she had made the trip and plans for the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment