Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Favorite Month

You all know how much I like my birthday, right? And my family, too, I like them a lot.

Which is why I especially love the month of May, because three of the four members of my immediate family have their birthdays this month. We tell Marissa that she's so special she gets her OWN birthday month in July and doesn't have to share hers, like the rest of us.

What better way to celebrate than to have Aunt Kristi come to visit?

Yes indeed. There IS no better way than that!

The celebration began when I picked Kristi up from the airport on Friday and we went to both girls' schools to pick them up. The girls both jumped into Kristi's arms so hard her sunglasses flew off from where they had been perched on the top of her head.



On Saturday morning Lindsey and Wayne went down to Lake Harriet early for Lindsey's Girls on the Run 5k, and later on the rest of us went down to cheer them on. Lindsey was sprinting at the end of the run, she had so much energy left! She had clearly done a good job of pacing herself, as they'd been learning through the 10-week program.


Lindsey got special shopping time with Aunt Kristi that afternoon, and then we had a delicious steak dinner at home in the evening. Then I got special time with Aunt Kristi and some of my friends as we went out to Howl at the Moon, the dueling piano bar in downtown Minneapolis. What a ball that was. We danced and sang along until they kicked us out. Well...not really, but they were closing so we had to go.



Sunday Marissa had her special shopping time with Aunt Kristi, and then all too soon it was time to drive her to the airport to fly back home. But wait! Not before Lindsey has a spa/pillow party for Kristi to say "thank you" and "good-bye."

We always have such a great time when Kristi comes to visit, and this was no different. Thanks, Kristi, for spending time with our family!

1 comment:

  1. Kristi12:52 PM

    Thanks for having me! You know I love to come visit!

    ReplyDelete