Saturday, April 09, 2011

Drive Time Entertainment

During our drive to Wisconsin we ended up in traffic that came to a dead stop on I-94 for approximately 20 minutes. There had been an accident with two semi-trailer trucks and the interstate was completely blocked. We and all the other vehicles around us put it in park and turned off our vehicles until there were signs of movement ahead. (I'm explaining this so you don't think I shot a nearly one-minute video while hurtling down the highway at 70 mph.)

Lindsey took this opportunity to grace us with her rendition of Katy Perry's "Firework" song while Marissa played with her happy meal toy from our recent lunch stop.



Proof positive that people don't sound as good outside of the headphones as they do in their own heads when they are wearing them. It reminds me of a certain audio recording of a sibling of mine singing the theme song to the hit TV show "Great American Hero" with noise-canceling headphones on. "Believe it or not, I'm walking on air I never thought I could feel so freeeeeee...."

No comments:

Post a Comment