Saturday, February 05, 2011

Gong Xi Fa Cai

I happened to lunch at a Chinese restaurant on the Chinese New Year, which was this past week Thursday (February 3). I hadn't realized it was the Chinese New Year, but was made aware of this when we were informed that the "dragon parade" would be coming right by our table.

Like any good blogger, I happened to have my camera with me.

The parade started with a bang...literally. They had fireworks go off in the lobby which left residual smoke throughout the restaurant (thus the slightly foggy photos).



You're missing the continual noise of the drums and cymbals in these photos, but trust me, it was a noisy celebration.

Unfortunately it was lunch house on a work day, and eventually we had to leave. But we were thoroughly entertained while we were there.

If you've never eaten at Mai Village in St. Paul, be sure to try it. I've tried a different dish every time I've been and have never been disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment