Monday, August 17, 2009

While in Wisconsin this weekend...

My youngest daughter Marissa accompanied me to Wisconsin when I returned for my 20th high school reunion. Yes, 20. I know, I don't know how that happened either. But we'll return to that story another time...

She was digging around in my folks' outdoor storage container. At our house it is chock full of toys -- at their house it is full of cushions for outdoor furniture, with one radio with built-in CD player at the bottom. She saw the CD player and wanted to play it. So we plugged it in, and she wanted the CDs that go with it.

My mom said, "Sorry, we don't have any children's CDs to play."

Marissa looked and her and very seriously said, "Well, we could play BORING CDs..."

And I thought they only thought our music was boring when they got to be teenagers. It must start earlier than I had realized!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like unvarnished honesty to me. Kind of like her mother at that age.

    ReplyDelete