Monday, August 03, 2009

Travis & Elizabeth's Wedding


What can I say, it was beautiful.
The venue was incredible, the day was perfect, it all went off without a hitch.

I was very proud of my girls, the flower girls, in this wedding. How ironic that my girls were the flower girls in our ring bearer's wedding.

The wedding took place at the Gale Mansion in Minneapolis. The ceremony was outside on the side lawn and the reception was on the grounds and in the home. I've been to two different events at the Gale Mansion and one of my favorite parts of this old, beautiful home is that they don't close off many parts of it to the public. After the wedding, you could find little clusters of people standing in various rooms, chatting or looking at the wall hangings, as if they were at a party at someone's residence. People pulled up chairs wherever they were and just visited.


I love this one during the ceremony because Travis was so obviously nervous and stiff. He looked very serious and stoic the entire time. At one point during the ceremony the minister told him to relax, smile, and enjoy the moment. This was his reaction, which I thought was pretty awesome. And how can you not love his grandpa, the best man, behind him?
I'm bummed that this one is slightly out of focus. This was during the one and only song of the wedding, when Elizabeth's aunt and uncle sang. I love the look on her face because she is smiling out of sheer enjoyment of the song. Shortly after this she began to tear up and I didn't think she'd appreciate my taking a picture of that so I didn't. It was really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment