Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Again...why is this guy in the news??

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090602/ap_on_re_us/us_cheney

Why is anyone paying attention to what Dick Cheney has to say right now? He isn't in any kind of office; he's a private citizen in no position to make any lasting changes to US policy...except for his loud mouth.

I don't understand why the media continues to give him a platform to spout his message.

And while I agree with half of what he's saying here (people should be free to enter into any kind of union they wish), I disagree with the other half (it's up to the states to govern that).

Sure would suck to move across state lines and have your marriage annulled because the state you moved to decided not to recognize it.

But back to my first point -- why does anyone care what he has to say on this??

2 comments:

  1. Two words - Fox News

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would not characterize Cheney as a politician, a diplomat or any other such moniker. He is a bully, a hawk, he doesn't know much about the human condition or have empathy with that lot we are all cast in. He deserves no attention, so why am I even writing this comment?

    ReplyDelete