Saturday, September 13, 2008

Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd: All Summer Long/Sweet Home

I know the song is overrated, but I remember seeing Lynyrd Skynyrd the summer of 1989 at Alpine Valley, WI and rocking out to "Sweet Home Alabama" while the high Harley bikers in front of us stumbled around in their attempt to dance.

For lots of years artists were singing songs about the "good ol days" for times long before I grew up. (Think Bryan Adams "Summer of '69"). It's strange to think that I'm old enough that people are singing songs reminiscent of when I grew up now.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! Love that song. Good ol' Alpine Valley. Saw my first concert there - Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The whole cd is actually pretty good.

    Oh, and Bryan Adams. My first live concert, and the first time my female companion showed me the art of the ankle roll on my jeans.
    Good times.

    ReplyDelete