Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Height Predictor

Click on the title of this posting to go to the ParentCenter height calculator.

You put in your child's age to the closest half-year, current height and weight, and then the height of the parents.

Out spits the estimated height of your child at age 18, with a margin of error, depending on the age of your child.

According to this calculator, Lindsey will be 5'4", while Marissa, the YOUNGER sister, will be 5'9".

These have not changed for either kid the last few times I've put them in, outside of Marissa's height being estimated as taller. Lindsey has been consistently predicted at 5'4", a whole 2 inches shorter than I am.

Check back in about 15 years and I'll let you know!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:47 AM

    It is soo funny the differences in the girls, I can see that with mine too, Jamie is on the smaller side, and Molly is growing too big! It is amazing the changes in such, I will have to do the predictor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I threw in my sons numbers, and the result was that he'll be at least as tall, if not a bit taller than me (5'10).
    So I told my wife about the results, and joked that it was cool that he could wear my clothes. Which is funny because I wear my clothes until they literally fall apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've asked Lindsey if she'd like to have our Civic when she's old enough to drive. She says yes, she'd love it. Of course, by then the car will be 20 years old and have 300,000 miles on it if it's even still running, but I think we'll hold her to it. She did commit to it, after all, even if she was only five at the time!

    Same argument for Chase wearing your clothes! :-)

    ReplyDelete