Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Recent Conversation with Lindsey

While we do our best around our house to keep the language child-friendly, every once in a while a choice word flies out (by BOTH parents, thank you), which inevitably gets "test driven" by an off spring.

So the other day Lindsey attempted to use the word "dammit." She mumbled an entire sentence under her breath. The conversation was eerily similar to ones I've had with my mother when I was the young one:

Me: “What did you just say?”

Lindsey: “What?”

Me: “Repeat what you just said.”

Lindsey: “What part that I said?”

Me: “Did you just say a bad word?”

Lindsey: “What bad word did you think I said?”

Me: “I’m not going to repeat it.”

Lindsey: “Then no, I didn’t.”

She’s smart for five, isn’t she? Little shit…

3 comments:

  1. Recently my wife decided that we can no longer use the word 'stupid'.

    Pretty soon I'm gonna have to talk like the grown-ups from the Peanuts cartoons.

    Whah whah, whah whah whah whah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:43 PM

    All your mother is going to say is what goes around comes around. I can't stop laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why don't you teach them some real words, like I did for you, not those tame, limp words like dammit. I've got to admit, it really made me laugh. Kids are so sharp.

    ReplyDelete