Sunday, August 17, 2008

Momzillas

FYI, there's a book that didn't even hit my "I am currently reading" posting on the side there. It is called "Momzillas" and I devoured it so quickly I didn't get a chance to post it on my blog.

Written by an Upper East Side mom of three, it's a novel that I suspect, if I knew the author personally, I would be able to understand which of her so-called "friends" she was basing her characters on.

It was an entertaining read, highly recommend it for any mom. Non-moms might not find it so funny, and if you don't know NYC very well, it might not make as much sense. (At one point the main character is mocked for buying a house east of 3rd Ave...even though it's still Upper East Side. Shocking!). I read it in about 4 hours.

Otherwise I've been extraordinarily tired and still trying to catch up on sleep after what turned into a four day business trip this past week. My flight back on Thursday night was canceled due to weather, and I got to spend two nights in a row sleeping on a 3-inch thick mattress on a roll-away cot, because our room reservations got hosed up.

So I'll have to write more another time...after my nap.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:24 AM

    Hey my favorite MN Momzilla! I see you are reading Last of the Mohicans, let me know what you think, loved the movie, and is that based on the book? See you in the fall.
    Your favorite NY Momzilla...of the Western New York Region!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can only assume the movie is based on the book. The book was written in 1837 -- it's a pretty hard read so far and a reminder of how much of the English language has been watered down over time.

    ReplyDelete