Friday, February 02, 2007

Bringing Down the House


I just added this book to my "favorite books" listing. It's the first adult book in my life that I've read in one day. Wait, let me re-state that. This was the first book that was not being read to my child that I read in one day. Where was your mind?!

I picked it up in a bookstore in the airport one day when I did a daytrip to Washington DC. I read the first half on the plane on the way there, I read the second half on the plane on the way back.


It's the story of six M.I.T. students who figured out a system to counting cards and took Vegas for millions. The amazing thing about this is that they never actually broke the law. As long as they didn't change the outcome of the game and they didn't use mechanical means to count cards, they were not breaking the law.


It's an incredible book -- anyone who has any interest in math or science, or how geeks always prevail over the jocks, should read this book. I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment