Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lindsey's Fire Drill

Two unrelated facts:
  1. Lindsey's school had a fire drill last week. Or, if they didn't they talked about an upcoming one.
  2. Lindsey has a favorite little puppy that she carries with her everywhere, including in her backpack at school.
How these facts collided:

This week, Lindsey began bringing her puppy with us in the car to school, but invariably when I drove to work I would find puppy sitting on the seat next to me. I kept thinking Lindsey was forgetting puppy in the car, an unusual thing considering that right now this thing goes with her everywhere.

So today I went to bring it in to school, and she handed it back to me and said, "No Mommy! Puppy has to stay in the car and be safe in case there's a fire, because if there's a fire I have to leave my backpack in the school and wouldn't be able to save him."

Makes sense to me.

1 comment: