Monday, December 24, 2012

My "After" Picture

My "before" picture, July 1, 2012

I have not yet posted an "after" photo for my original 60-day challenge that I began in July, for a couple of reasons.

1. My results don't look as dramatic as I had hoped when I photographed it.
2. I realized I am never done, so there never is an "after."

I took a series of "after" photos after completing the Insanity: Asylum 60-day challenge at the end of August. I'll be honest, I couldn't tell the difference between my before and my after pics. Of course, I didn't do what they recommended -- they say to wear the same exact clothes in both poses, and the more skin you show the better. Well I was so embarrassed by the state of my stomach before hand that I couldn't possibly imagine showing it to anyone.

In November I began my 90-day Chalene Extreme challenge. Three months of working out 5 days a week with various strength training and cardio mixed in. I am LOVING the program, feel stronger and healthier, and feel like my body had changed enough that perhaps, finally, I could take some after pics.

But again, the results don't look terribly dramatic, until you take a closer look.

Do I see a tricep muscle on my arm?
Could that be some definition in my abs?

But more importantly, these jeans that I was trying on, while they appear to only have a little bit of room in them, used to NOT FIT. My waist used to bulge out over the top of them, and I could barely zip them up. Now I can't wear them without a belt and a bunch of material sticking out from under the belt. 

Bye bye, jeans!

So far this year I've lost a total of 5 pounds. I kid you not, only five pounds.

But I've lost 7 inches from my waist, hips and thighs.

Need I say, I'm a believer?

As Chalene Johnson says in her Extreme circuit series, "Muscle burns fat, baby!" She also says a lot of other things that are incredibly positive, helping people doing the workout series to begin to believe in themselves and are capable of more than they thought possible.

My "after" photo, Nov 30, 2012
So I am slightly embarrassed but kind of proud to share my "after" photo, as of the end of 2012.

I'm not done yet. I'm going to continue on this journey, it's been too much fun to stop now.

No comments:

Post a Comment