Thursday, October 19, 2006

The Wedding



This past weekend we attended Wayne's nephew Darin's wedding. Unfortunately it turned out to be more of a quick, frantic drive than a nice relaxing weekend, as I had a business trip Sunday afternoon that I had to get back for. But, while we were home we made the most of it.

The ceremony was lovely and the dinner and dance were divine. I wished we could've stayed for more of it. We had to stay long enough for Lindsey to get a few dances in, she was so excited to go dancing! It was great seeing her on the dance floor, holding her little pink and black dress out and twirling around!

Marissa had a great time just walking around in a big space, screeching with delight and trying to keep up with the big kids. She has absolutely no fear and will approach anyone, so different from Lindsey at that age.

When we got home, I pulled my wedding dress out of Lindsey's closet. I don't think she realized it had been hanging there the whole time. She was fascinated with it, and asked if I wanted to get married again. "No sweetie," I told her, "I'll only get married once, because I love your daddy forever and forever!"



She had lots of fun trying on the veil, so I had to take a few photos of her with the veil and her favorite dress-up dress, the dress she wore to Rita's wedding in New Mexico earlier this year. She is such a girlie-girl!

Marissa, on the other hand, was busy competing with Dax to eat the dog food, so I had to snap a few photos of her, too. Yes, that's dog food in her mouth that she's chewing on. Hey, it's the most nutritious food in the grocery store, what else can I do?!

No comments:

Post a Comment