Tuesday, November 27, 2012

My Daughter the Word Nerd

 

Scene 1

Our home, dinner time. Lindsey is helping me make enchiladas for dinner. A Rob Thomas song comes on over the radio.

Lindsey: This song drives me crazy!

Me: Why?

Lindsey: Because! He says that he will share a secret that no one knows. Well, if no one knows it, then HE doesn't even know it, so how can he share it? It's a secret that no one ELSE knows.

Me: That's pretty smart. I hadn't thought of that.


Scene 2

Our home, the next morning. Family is gathered in the kitchen, this time backpacks are in the midst of being packed and hats, gloves and coats are being donned.

Me: I'm so excited, I get to wear my winter hat that my friend knitted for me today.

Lindsey: Your friend knitted it today?

Me: Well no, but I get to wear it today. She knitted it for me some time ago.

Lindsey: Well then, you should say you get to wear it today, not that she knitted it for you today.

Me: Okay, word nerd, let's get going.

Lindsey: [Giggles]

 

End Scene.

3 comments:

  1. You've got a copy editor on your hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma Bonnie7:42 PM

    She's obviously paying very good attention in English class when she is correcting her Mom who makes her living with words. She'll keep everyone on their toes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We might have a version of Vern Floria coming through. Word games, I play those to, when people say things I stop and ask just like Lindsey. Good, good!

    ReplyDelete